Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Cha Ye Dan / Chinese Tea Leaf Eggs

Lately I've been craving Chinese food. Unfortunately, living in Missoula, MT doesn't provide a lot of opportunity to have some authentic Chinese food. Since my grandpa on my dad's side was Chinese, I grew up in a household where white rice is a staple. The smell of plain white rice is amazing!

To make the perfect balance in the water to rice ratio. Years ago my now husband bought a Cusinart rice cooker/ steamer all in one. However, the rice always seemed too wet. There's seriously nothing more annoying to an Asian person than poorly cooked rice. It wasn't until recently that I bought a small rice cooker. It wasn't that expensive but it was a dedicated rice cooker. Now , I have perfect rice and then I thought what better way to celebrate my new rice cooker than with some Chinese tea leaf eggs?

Note: Do not make he eggs while hungry since they take a while to cook.

I acquired this recipe from http://nookandpantry.blogspot.com/?m=1

I hope your enjoy it as much as I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment