Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Duck eggs

A week ago I decided to check out the Farm Animals section in Craigslist's. This would seem like a waste of time to most people because I don't have a farm nor the room for a farm animal. At the time it seemed like a good way to pass the time. Although now that I look back I have plenty of stuff that still needs to get done.

Back to my story. There I was minding my own business when I ran across a post that said, "Fresh Duck Eggs for sale". What?! People in MT are willing to sell me their Duck Eggs? Since Peter wouldn't let's buy a pig or a cow, these duck eggs seemed pretty harmless.

I immediately emailed the post owner since I wasn't sure hat he availability of these duck eggs was, I was expecting for the seller to say that they were all gone. Instead I got an awesome, "How many would you like?". How many? I've never bought farm fresh duck eggs, frankly I've never seen duck eggs at the store. Uhhh...1? No, I can't just buy 1. How about a dozen? The seller agreed to bring them into town since he was going to be in town anyways and we would meet at a local grocery store.

So there I was driving at 8:00pm to buy duck eggs from some guy I've never met off of Craigslist. Sounds like a horror story doesn't it? The seller was really nice, and I even ended up 2 dozen duck eggs since he said his ducks laid 20 eggs a day. I was all happy and excited until I was driving home and realized I originally only wanted one duck egg, then a dozen because I couldn't just buy one and now I was going home with two dozen duck eggs!!! What on earth was I going to do with 24 duck eggs? Then Chinese duck eggs or (pickled duck eggs and tea leaf eggs) came to mind. In the meantime I was a happy to have my duck eggs. I was very excited to see what these duck eggs could do. I'll prepare a post about my pickling experience for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment