Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Crochet

Yarn is such an interesting item if you ask me. You can knit it, or crochet it, amongst many other things to turn it into beautiful mostly wearable crafts. I think that I was 13 the first time that I tried crocheting. My mom tried teaching me how to crochet a hat, unfortunately, I ended up with a really ugly looking pencil holder.

How I went from a hat to a pencil holder, I will never know. I also didn't know that crocheting is a skill that can really come in handy. There are so many wonderful patterns, and yarns and crafty people with crafty ideas. It's amazing at the stuff that I find on Google and Pinterest.

Today, I am much better at making hats and learning about yarn. Who knew there was so much to learn? The moral of the story here is that just because you see a piece of string or in this case yarn don't dismiss it as worthless. You might not have fully discovered all of its possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment