Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring cleaning

When we think of Spring cleaning, we really don't think about cleaning out our electronic equipment. Today, I decided to clean out my phone contacts. In the process, I deleted 156 contacts! 156 people and businesses phone numbers that are no longer relevant to my life. I am proud to say that while 336 contacts might still be a bit much, I have trimmed as far as I could. Can you imagine having to remember that many numbers? Last time my phone got "cleaned out" it wasn't by choice, the phone died and I lost all I my contacts.

It's interesting that the more storage access we have, the more we seem to want to cling to unnecessary stuff. When was the las time you went through your email, your bookmarks or your external harddrive and cleaned out the clutter? I think that a simple life is conducive to a happier person. That said keep in mind your electronic stuff when spring cleaning.
If you have too much paper stuff that you must save, try scanning it and recycling the paper. We should all try to do our part to declutter and recycle as much as we can.

Good luck and happy spring cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment