Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Outer beauty

Dove is my favorite soap brand. Why? Simply because it actually works. Yes, I've been a Dove fan since I can remember even when all of my friends loved Bath and Body Works products, because they smell so good. Frankly, it's hard to make such decisions when there's hundreds if not thousands of different beauty products to chose from. Since I'm a creature of habit I stick to what I like. Lately, I've been liking Dove a lot more. Not because they have changed, but because of their clever marketing campaigns. The ones that empower men and women to love themselves for who they are.

When I started seeing this article http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/dove-hires-criminal-sketch-artist-draw-women-they-see-themselves-and-others-see-them-148613
circulating on the Internet, the only thing that came to mind was "Well that's obvious".

Call me vain, but if I had someone ask me to describe myself, I would certainly embellish on the details. Isn't that why women color their hair, buy makeup and spend ridiculous amounts of money on clothes? We really don't need everything that we think we do. For such a positive campaign there were a lot of people whining on Facebook about how old they were and wrinkles and such. There goes the morale. Well, if you're concerned about wrinkles then do something about it! Right?

The aging process is one that science has not mastered. What are we to do? Well, we must age gracefully and accept the life that we have lived by being happy with growing old. We're going to grow old anyways. The way you feel about yourself is the way others see you. Some of us just need a little extra boost in self-confidence.

Now, lets talk about this self-confidence. When I said age gracefully, I meant it! I had a French teacher in High School that even though she was probably 50 something she dressed like the students. She also tanned a lot which didn't help her case either since it just made her look like a tanned old lady. Plus, tanning causes more wrinkles. Let's not take it that far either.

I just want everyone to do something for themselves that makes them happy. Positive visualization of yourself does wonders for the self-esteem. It all starts by loving yourself. Smiling, laughing and exercising are all simple things that release those "happy" chemicals in the brain. Leaving you, not only happy but with a positive self-image. So, next time that a loved one (or a stranger) says you're beautiful thank them and actually mean it.



No comments:

Post a Comment